Camping cots have many uses. They are lightweight and compact so you can easily take them with you when camping or backpacking. Camping cots are available in several styles and size options. They can be folded up easily so you can pack them away without using up a lot of storage space. In this article we will describe detail review of the best camping cot
What About The Tent Cots?
Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
- Cot measures 69″ x 25″ by 15″ when unfolded
- The included cot mattress has a coil suspension system to support the body
- Steel frame is designed to withstand heavy duty use but is still lightweight
- Folding and unfolding mechanism is quick and easy
Coleman Airbed Cot with Side Table
- Includes 4D battery operated pump for easy setup
- Ideal for use during camping or for sleeping space for guests at home
- Has an system to prevent the mattress from leaking air
- Each side of the bed has a small end table with cup holder
TETON SPORTS Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- Steel S-leg design makes the cot extra stable and durable
- Aluminum frame is lightweight
- Frame pulls into place easily and securely for easy setup
- Includes easy-attach connecting pins
Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
- Cot size is 90″ long by 32″ wide
- Tent size is 90″ long by 32″ wide by 36″ high
- The tent portion and rain fly are both made of heavy duty 210D material
- Includes a durable 600D carrying bag so you can easily take your tent cot anywhere
Timber Ridge Utility Folding XL Camping Cot
- Folds into a compact size for easy transport or storage
- Cot includes a carrying bag for convenience
- Dimensions of the cot are 83″ by 31″ by 20″ and packing weight is 27.5 pounds
- Cot has support bars on both ends to keep the sleeping surface taut
Byer of Maine EasyCot
- cot has a maximum weight limit of 330 pounds
- includes a carrying bag with shoulder strap for easy transport or storage
- the five reinforced fabric panels on the sleeping area increase the strength of the cot
- welded hinges on the frame can hold up to heavy duty usage
Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot
- Cot has a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds
- The included mattress is covered in a durable and comfortable fabric
- Mattress pad can be used alone or with a sleeping bag for extra warmth
- Cot dimensions are 80″ by 31″ by 15″
Coleman 2000020273 80 x 32-Inches Pack-Away Cot
- Can work for people with a height of up to 6’6″
- Cot has a heavy duty steel frame for durability
- Sleeping surface is made from a tough polyester material for support
- The cot includes a carrying bag that makes it easy to take with you or store away
KingCamp Strong Stable Folding Camping Bed Cot
- The dimensions of this cot are 41.3” × 9.1” × 6.7”.
- The sleeping part of the cot is constructed of a durable PVC coated oxford cloth
- Cot can be set up instantly once it’s removed from the carrying bag
Kamp-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot
- Cot weighs 23.3 pounds
- The dimensions of this cot are 84″ long by 33″ wide
- It has a height that’s taller than many others at 21″ which gives you extra storage underneath
- The cot can be used alone or with a sleeping pad for extra support
Considerations When Choosing the Best Camping Cot
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best cot for your needs. It’s important to think about the ways in which you plan to use the cot to be sure you get one that will work for you. If you plan on camping outdoors frequently in different types of weather you’ll likely want a durable cot made of fabric designed to withstand the different weather conditions. The frame of the camping cot is also very important as a strong frame will provide you with support and help you wake up feeling restful. Be sure to know the weight limit of the frame when making your choice. Lightweight frames are great for portability but may not offer the same support as heavy duty frames.
Some camping cots are designed for comfort while others are more functional for use outdoors. If you’re looking for a cot to be used in your home for guests or other similar situations, you’ll likely want to go with a cot that has a thicker mattress to provide comfort and support . But if you’re backpacking through rough terrain and need a small cot that’s easy to carry, a compact and lightweight option will best the best camping cot for your needs. Lastly, you should consider the ease of assembly when choosing a cot. Different types of construction mean that some cots are easier to setup than others. When choosing a cot for camping, you may want as easy as possible so you don’t waste time putting your camping cot together.
Should I choose a camping cot, air mattress, or air pad?
There are benefits and drawbacks of each option. A camping cot elevates you off the ground but they require more packing space and are heavier while traveling. Air mattresses and air pads are both very lightweight and compact while deflated. But, they also require you to manually inflate them or carry an air pump with you.
Where Camping Cots Work Best
Benefits of a Camping Bed
A Brief History of the Camping Cot
So, What’t the Best Camping Cot?
Camping Cot FAQs
How do I stay warm on a camping cot?
They actually help with warmth by keeping you elevated off the ground which is especially beneficial if the ground is wet. You can also use a sleeping bag or blanket for warmth when using a camping cot.
My camping cot is squeaky, what do I do?
Some cots are just naturally noisier than others due to their construction. If you have a squeaky cot you can use some all-purpose lubricant to oil the joints which can help reduce the noise.
Are camping cots comfortable?
This depends on your idea of comfort and the cot you’re using. A cot is not going to provide the same level of support and comfort as a standard bed and mattress. But there are many camping cots that do offer plenty of support to provide with a restful night’s sleep during camping or other activities.
How much do camping cots cost?
The cost of a quality camping cot depends on the brand and the style of cot. You can find some inexpensive options for around $50 while others may be over $200. On average, a quality cot can be found in the $100-150 price range.
Are camping cots difficult to set up?
Most camping cots are specifically designed to be setup in minutes. They have a simple design that allows you to unfold the legs quickly. Some cots will have fasteners designed to hold the legs in place while others will simply be designed to hold up without any additional hardware.